IRI REPORT 4/16/16

IRI REPORT 4/16/16

Unread postby MuskyMadness » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am

I've been trying to keep up on various reports on the striper migration and blues in the mid Atlantic area. The warmer weather finally has them on the move. Striper are being caught in numbers in the lower susquehanna, Chesapeake and Delaware bays. I've been vying for the surf stripers.

I had some work in the bowers beach area this weekend so I thought I would get in some fishing too. Planned to Hit the surf but decided to work the jetty areas of Indian River Inlet due to a pretty rough surf.

Fished with a guy I hadn't seen in 30 yrs. Fishing buddy from the old neighborhood growing up. We came down to Delaware Saturday night (and of course made the usual stop at Dogfish Head). Sunday we hit the IRI with bloodworms and fresh bunker. As soon as we walked up we found that the Tog bite was on. We fished the rocks battling the tog on the outgoing tide. Landed a hefty legal tog pretty quick. The bite of tog is a tricky one so we had lots of misses.

The striper made a visit out towards the end of the jetty. A few shorts were caught and a small groups of schoolies were seen.

Didn't see any blues

You can bet they'll both be there in numbers within a week or so with the warming trend. I'll be there...got my annual license!

In the meantime I'll bring some smallmouth to the site this week...the bite is really picked up
Attachments
20160417_162952.jpg
20160417_162952.jpg (49.88 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
}><{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{\"> #MuskyMadness <"/;}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}><{

2015 Champ King of the Marsh - Muskies Inc tournament

2009 Champion Sea Robin Classic Surf Fishing Tournament
MuskyMadness
y buck

Re: IRI REPORT 4/16/16

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:50 am

thanks for the weekend report :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Return to Fishing off Jettys