Early spring tog

Early spring tog

Unread postby Dastunz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 am

I'm hearing reports of tog being caught off the jettys guys. If anyone gets a chance head down and see what you can drag out of the rocks guys.
"Fishing is hope experienced.... Catching a fish is hope affirmed." --PAUL QUINNETT
Dastunz
Droptine

Re: Early spring tog

Unread postby Meatonstick » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Let me know when you wanna go! I never have been successful off the rocks or the beach, so I've become a boat guy, but love to try! In the fall between bowhunting, I drive around and " run an gun " in the back throwing plastics, bombers, fin-s, and whatever else I have in my bag. I do ok at night under the lights of bridges. But still not an expert by all means. I get lucky every once in a while. When it gets closer to the time I'd be more than glad to show you a couple spots i I hit for the striped ones!
Meatonstick
Droptine

Unread postby Dastunz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 pm

We can definitely share some bass
spots bud. I have a few myself in cape may and wildwood. Togging from jettys is sometimes tricky but when you get on them it's a blast. When I get down there I will contact you and see if you want to try and hook into a few.
"Fishing is hope experienced.... Catching a fish is hope affirmed." --PAUL QUINNETT
Dastunz
Droptine

Unread postby irishangler25 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm

dude sounds early .
irishangler25
6 pointer

Unread postby Dastunz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Yup, it's a bit early but I did hear they are catching. I'm going to head down within the next few weeks to give it a go myself and see how I do.
Dastunz
Droptine

Unread postby Zamboni » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Meatonstick wrote:Let me know when you wanna go! I never have been successful off the rocks or the beach, so I've become a boat guy, but love to try! In the fall between bowhunting, I drive around and " run an gun " in the back throwing plastics, bombers, fin-s, and whatever else I have in my bag. I do ok at night under the lights of bridges. But still not an expert by all means. I get lucky every once in a while. When it gets closer to the time I'd be more than glad to show you a couple spots i I hit for the striped ones!

Hey Meat,
Stunzi knows his stuff, take him up on that offer. I would be more than happy to fish a jetty with you also if you and Stunzi can't hook up. The tog start breeding soon (early April) and they do start hitting.
It's not your vote that counts but who counts the vote !
Zamboni
6 pointer

Unread postby irishangler25 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:57 pm

looking for some early season tog pictures and storys , very pumped up .
irishangler25
6 pointer

Return to Fishing off Jettys