Barnegat Inlet 5/2

Barnegat Inlet 5/2

Unread postby SwampRat » Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 am

After my sons birthday party in the morning we headed to LBI. Took some fishing rods just in case. lol. After climbing to the top of the light house, the wife and kids wanted to fish b/c a lot of rods were bent. lol. Hate to say it but the rods I brought were no match for these fish. fish were poppin' 20lb braid like it was nothing. This one is one we landed. Both my boys had the rod and fought this fish. Dad took over once it was close to the rocks. taped out @ 33". Fish was bled and iced. couple hours later it weighed right around the 10lb mark. If you want to have a fish test your tackle go to BL. Fish are there.
Attachments
IMG_20150502_155136033_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150502_172228897_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150502_180919474_HDR.jpg
SwampRat
8 Pointer

Re: Barnegat Inlet 5/2

Unread postby rr79 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 am

Nice nick. You musta seen tb44 there? Those big chompers are bubbling everywhere. Some of my buds cought 15 pounders. I went sat with my kids but after 15 min they wanted to go home:( 3 and 5 so ya know…… friday i am puttn pole down and grabbing spear. See if they chomp my legs off. This is what they are eatn. Courtesy of riptide.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1430742685672.jpg
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Mon May 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Looks like a good time with the young uns.
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby SwampRat » Tue May 05, 2015 9:09 am

rr79 wrote:Nice nick. You musta seen tb44 there? Those big chompers are bubbling everywhere. Some of my buds cought 15 pounders. I went sat with my kids but after 15 min they wanted to go home:( 3 and 5 so ya know…… friday i am puttn pole down and grabbing spear. See if they chomp my legs off. This is what they are eatn. Courtesy of riptide.

nah dint see tb44 we stayed behind the light hose, I think the better fishing was actually in the inlet along the long stretch of rocks. ...with that said my plan was probably the same as yours. wife and kids(10 and 7) wanted to hit the beach and play but winds, temps sucked for that. we weren't on the beach for 5 minutes when they changed there mind. plan B was head to light house. we stay behind the lighthouse out of the wind. once we got to the top of the light house there were A LOT of people along the stretch of jetty(one of them was probablytb44) and quite a few had bent rods. yea we busted off some big ones. the one on the pic is 33". definitely had some on that beat that fish by a few inches.

When I fish solo and make the trek out to the tip of barnegat inlet i see plenty of spear guys fishing between the old and new jetty. Ive never speared that area but I have snorkeled it and you see bass, fluke, blues, tog, sea bass, weakies, etc out there. also depends on water clarity but you know that.

Nick
SwampRat
8 Pointer

Unread postby QUACKHEAD » Tue May 05, 2015 8:34 pm

i like hittin the beach its easier than hiking them up those rocks :mrgreen: i use 50lb powerpro with a steel leader and my pluggin rod has 30lb pp !!! great job rat i know your boys loved that :mrgreen:
QUACKHEAD
Droptine

Return to Fishing off Jettys