New member from the Rockies

Introduce yourself to The Outdoorsmen's Voice community

New member from the Rockies

Unread postby OutdoorAustyn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:49 am

Hey all, new member here!

A little about me;
I love water and I've been fishing for as long as I can remember. My first fish was a teeny brookie caught camping when I was 5 or so, and from then on I have been absolutely hooked (no pun intended ;) ). Since then, I've mainly caught a lot of bass, trout, walleye and cats. I also teach water sports and was a lifeguard at one point - I love water and am going to school for freshwater/wildlife biology.

When I'm not on the water or thinking about it, I'm usually rodeoing or messing around on my guitars.

As far as hunting goes, I thought for years that hunting just wasn't something girls did. None of my girl friends hunted, it just wasn't really a world I was exposed to for the longest time. I finally decided to take the reins for myself, enroll in hunters education, and now I hunt deer/elk/migratory/upland game, and I love it and the combination of thrill, serenity and sense of accomplishment it brings. I still have a TON to learn and try to absorb as much as I can, and hope to do a lot of that here. Only rifle/shotgun right now, but I love archery and plan to take part in those seasons as well next year when I can get my hands on a new bow.

Can't wait to get to know, share with, and learn from all of you :)

-Austyn
Huntress
OutdoorAustyn
Button Buck

Re: New member from the Rockies

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:10 am

That is awesome!! Need more women in this great sport, as you said many get involved because of boyfriends or husbands.
Not many come the route you did, congrats and continued good luck!!!

The sort is under constant attack from antis, many youths are hard to recruit due to so much instant gratification in todays world. We need more women involved.

Thank you for joining, much appreciated!!
'
Any questions or suggestions please feel free to email me. Tomcbigbucks@yahoo.com You can also post suggestions here, we are a member driven site and truly try to give all a voice

Good luck and good hunting
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:54 am

welcome aboard , we can't wait to learn more about you this coming winter for sure :D :D :D
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby bigdsman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:49 am

Welcome!
bigdsman
8 Pointer

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:22 pm

I forgot to mention that I have two brothers that live in Missoula, Montana in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. I've been out there several times filming my brother Kevin trying to get a nice bull elk on camera, but we haven't been fortunate to get one yet. Hope you stay around , there's plenty to see and do! Tell some of your friends in the Rockies about us!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Welcome to the OV!
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby OutdoorAustyn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:57 pm

tomcbigbucks wrote:That is awesome!! Need more women in this great sport, as you said many get involved because of boyfriends or husbands.
Not many come the route you did, congrats and continued good luck!!!

The sort is under constant attack from antis, many youths are hard to recruit due to so much instant gratification in todays world. We need more women involved.

Thank you for joining, much appreciated!!
'
Any questions or suggestions please feel free to email me. Tomcbigbucks@yahoo.com You can also post suggestions here, we are a member driven site and truly try to give all a voice

Good luck and good hunting

Thank you, Tom!! I agree, its such a beautiful and rewarding sport and I wish more women were involved. I will probably wind up emailing you in the not so distant future. :)
Huntress
OutdoorAustyn
Button Buck

Unread postby OutdoorAustyn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:01 pm

biggamecameraman wrote:I forgot to mention that I have two brothers that live in Missoula, Montana in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. I've been out there several times filming my brother Kevin trying to get a nice bull elk on camera, but we haven't been fortunate to get one yet. Hope you stay around , there's plenty to see and do! Tell some of your friends in the Rockies about us!

That is awesome!! I live in Montana as well and I visit Missoula several times a year - there is quite a bit more going on there than where I'm from! I have not yet gotten the chance to hunt there, but I've fished, paddled, swam and floated the rivers - its a beautiful area, your brothers have their priorities straight! ;)
Huntress
OutdoorAustyn
Button Buck

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Big Sky Country :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Welcome to the OV.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Next

Return to Introductions