longbeard 56
NJNWTF State Chapter President
Save the Habitat & Save the Hunt
609-350-3134
longbeard56
10 Pointer

Re: Is ODV done?!?

Unread postby Zamboni » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Well guys, I must have missed all the drama (thankfully). I'm a fairly straight forward person and visited the site for fishing reports and some comradery. I belong to BassBarn which also had a mass exodus for some reason unbeknownst to me. It is nice to hear reports from local outdoorsmen, such as us.
It's not your vote that counts but who counts the vote !
Zamboni
6 pointer

Unread postby ImpalaSSpeed96 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:27 am

For me, it’s natural progression. Forums are mostly a thing of the past. The new thing is FB. It’s simply easier. This format is far better, especially for historical data. But if you don’t use Tapatalk, forget about it. I can’t remember the last time I got on from the computer.

This site never had enough drama to push me away. I guess being a car guy and starting on forums 15 years ago, I’m immune to the drama. However NJH is horrible and I visit it once a year, maybe.

The older a community is, the less time and desire they have to spend on a computer. The younger one is, the more, but you obviously have more drama that goes along with that.

And I don’t understand the FB argument. You don’t have to pay to be on there. It’s capitalism at its finest. Dude has offered a free service and still gotten rich off it. Not sure why the hate towards it?

And realistically, this site never had the numbers to make it progressive, or even sustainable. Hence why we never really had any major drama. Live by the sword and die by the sword. However, it accomplished a lot more than other sites did. I met more great people and established more relationships, even one i now consider a lifelong friendship, than I have off every other forum ever sans one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim

Stick and string, how I do my thing....
ImpalaSSpeed96
12 Pointer

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:35 pm

This is starting to get interesting. I would hardly call face book new. It's been around for quite awhile. The youngsters have left that and gone on to Instagram and snapchat. I am not a member of Facebook but I creep around on my wife's site. There's drama on there too mostly political.
I didn't think you had to pay to be on this site either. Correct me if I'm wrong.
There was always drama on this site. The site was most active when there was controversy and drama. I thought I made some good friends too?
Last edited by bigcitybowhunter on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby ImpalaSSpeed96 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:37 pm

IG is totally different than FB. I follow almost no one from FB on there. It is nothing but spearfishing for me. Zero political posts. Two different platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim

Stick and string, how I do my thing....
ImpalaSSpeed96
12 Pointer

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Cool! Good to hear from you Impala!
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby rr79 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Haven't visited for a really long time guys sorry. I explained before. I kinda got bored with deer hunting. I never liked landcarp hunting or skycarp hunting. It bores me to read. Fishing with a pole is boreing. Never had a problem with drama. I was checking odv facebook posts. But then i did away with facebook. I dont wanna see the garbage ya scroll through that friends post. I do like instagram. Its just pictures or videos.I post all my stuff there. I did meet some goods friends through this site. Lifelong friends. Im gonna go scroll through the posts and see how you all have been. Hope you all have a good season ahead. May your crossgun bow bullet arrows fly true. May your deer feeders be noisy while slinging bait from a drum on legs under your 5ft ladder stands. May you gun down many one horn spikes and say how your a meat hunter but next week your a trophy hunter. And stay safe. Xoxoxo
The word harvesting in for vegetables!
I kill things!

#Teamstickbow#Stickbowkilla#
rr79
Droptine

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:43 pm

:lol: Now this is getting extremely interesting! Good to hear from you rr79! Show us some spear fishing pics.
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby SJWarrior » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Bahahahahaha enjoyed the end of that post 79 ..
SJWarrior
y buck

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am

HAHAA Ole RR way to go John!! :lol: :lol:
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

PreviousNext

Return to Campfire