D WEEK DISASTER

D WEEK DISASTER

Unread postby Nevermoor » Mon May 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Well I was ready for D week. I have a small plot in 21 where I can hunt. So last night I loaded the camo clothing (permethrin treated) blind, seat, decoys, calls, vest, thermocell, etc into the truck. Then this morning I grabbed the gun case and took off. An hour later when I got to the site the land owner was out on the porch so we chatted for a few minutes.

Then it was time to hunt so I pulled on the camo, taped the cuffs with duct tape, sprayed with OFF, pulled the gun case out from under the seat of of the truck and WTF!!! I forgot that I went to the range the other day and my gun case still had my .308 in it. No shotgun. Damn. I hate getting old and forgetful.

So I set up my blind and settled in to call a few birds for practice. Let's hope tomorrow goes better.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Re: D WEEK DISASTER

Unread postby ted b » Mon May 15, 2017 7:36 pm

A 308 will kill a turkey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby ImpalaSSpeed96 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:13 am

C'mon Gene, we're countin on ya! We got a couple decent birds down, always looking to upgrade though! You put a good bird on the ground and we'll have a fighting chance!
Tim

Stick and string, how I do my thing....
ImpalaSSpeed96
12 Pointer

Unread postby Nevermoor » Tue May 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Hah! I'm trying. I talked to the old farmer the other day and he said there were birds where I park. He suggested I sit on his porch and get one. I went back this morning, running late, got there at 5:45 and when I pulled in to park there were two toms where I park, about 50' from his porch.

I went back to the field behind the house and set up the required 450' away and started talking. Those porch birds answered but would not come my way. I had 2 hens feeding in front of me but the boys would not come my way.

The best part of the morning was watching about 10 deer play in the field.

I'll keep trying.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby Turkeyhunter50 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 am

Nice touch of reality Nevermoor. No matter how well you plan something, always something to go wrong. Your day was a disaster! I'm sure you'll be back there. Take him up on the front porch offer.
Turkeyhunter50
spike

Return to Turkey Hunting