Is ODV done?!?

Just kick back and relax. Talk a while, share a favorite joke or story

Is ODV done?!?

Unread postby Zamboni » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Well gents, I check ODV every night and it appears to be in critical condition, if not dead already. Is F******k really that popular that everyone is on it, covering every topic from fishing to hunting to spearfishing....Just my opinion but F******k SUCKS!!! I refuse to be a part of a monopolizing network of any kind. I will gladly support the small business. I refuse to shop at Wal***t and I refuse to be a part of F******k! The small communities are the best communities.
I enjoy hearing reports and happenings of fellow, local outdoorsmen on this site. Even maybe a tempered political discussion now and then, or things happening in our neighborhoods and home projects you may be working on. I am good friends with two ODV members who I fish with and discuss outdoor topics constantly.
Revive the site guys, its a good site.
It's not your vote that counts but who counts the vote !
Zamboni
6 pointer

Re: Is ODV done?!?

Unread postby biggamecameraman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 pm

I gave it my best shot for 6 years . along with Tom Chew just nobody loves us any more :oops:
Keep the tradition alive. Take a youngster hunting or fishing!
biggamecameraman
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Zamboni,
I posted awhile ago what the Hell happen to the OV. Some of the members did go to Facebook. I agree that this site was a great site a few years ago. I do miss a lot of the people that where on here. A lot of good stories and some great advise too. Hopefully there are still guys that look at the site and will come back. Hey BGCM I still will try and keep the site going by posting.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:06 am

Trying and praying, like you said so many or just on facebook checking their site and posting there, that is why we made a facebook group to try to cross promote and drive traffic...
I miss it as well, like checking and seeing what is going on and guys reports.

Hopefully comes back
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby Nevermoor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:17 am

This site has always seemed to me more about hunting than fishing. I'm hoping that once the hunting seasons get closer things will pick up.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby 55project » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm still floating around here

And yes, F/B has taking over on many sites but these web site are usually the tight nit locals which keeps it more personal between friends. I think come hunting season it will pick up with some of the old group
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:35 pm

I liked this site too. I think it was the contests and huge egos colliding on this site that killed it. The Internet can be a tough place. There's a lot of keyboard gangsters out there. You express your opinion on social media as harmless as it might be someone may attack you. I learned that when I joined this site. I tried to keep it light and friendly on here but I know I pissed some people off too.
Last edited by bigcitybowhunter on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:11 pm

Hey let's getter done guys and get the OV back up. I think there are guys that check in on a daily bases and don't say or post anything. Come on it's not that bad.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Yo Zamboni Facebook lost 120.9 billion in the stock market today! Must have been backlash from your post on the OV. :lol:
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Good one Bigcity
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Next

Return to Campfire