Ohio 2018 buck

Anything to do with the magnificent whitetails

Ohio 2018 buck

Unread postby Sgt Fury » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Went to Ohio at the end of october. Got in the stand before daybreak and only saw two does in the morning. After a long day on stand, I didn’t see any more deer until a doe came in at 4:30. After about 15 minutes, she started to jerk her head up and stare down into the ravine. This continued for about ten minutes and I was looking down there with binoculars but couldn’t see what she was looking at. Finally at 5:00 I see a deer’s feet below the brush. That deer stood there for about 20 minutes without moving. When it finally moved a couple steps forward, I got a look at the rack and quickly swapped my binoculars for my crossbow. After another 20 minutes, the buck had only moved about twenty yards. He was watching to see what the does was going to do. She finally had enough and started to walk toward the ravine but on an angle away from the buck. She squatted and pissed (never seen a doe squat like that before) and then darted away. The buck started in her direction slowly and cautiously. He was broadside to me at 35 yards and stopped in my shooting lane. At the shot, he took off straight away and cleared a stream with about a six foot embankment and 15 feet across like he was jumping a mud puddle. He banked hard left and went back down the ravine the way he had come. Very little blood but he only traveled about 100 yards. The broadhead entered high, went through the top of one lung, took off the top of the heart and hit the lower part of the other lung. It hit the opposite shoulder and did not exit. Hence the lack of blood, he bled inside and it all came out when he was gutted. He’s got real good mass and I’m guessing he’ll score in the 140’s. My buddy who was hunting with me says 150’s but I’m not so sure. I’ll measure it when I get a chance.
Attachments
GeorgeBuck2.jpeg
GeorgeBuck2.jpeg (207.14 KiB) Viewed 65 times
Last edited by Sgt Fury on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt Fury
spike

Re: Ohio 2018 buck

Unread postby ted b » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Nice congrats on a great deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby Nevermoor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Nice buck, congratulations.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby bigcitybowhunter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Great Buck! Congrats Sgt!
bigcitybowhunter
Droptine

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Great buck George!! yea I'd say upper 140s by the pics.
Way to go, congrats
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Return to Whitetail Hunting