What happen to this site

Anything to do with the magnificent whitetails

What happen to this site

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 pm

To all that do check in on this site is it finally done. There is no body on here anymore. It's a shame, because at one time this was a good site. Does anybody want to bring this back to life? If so let's try. If not I did meet some awesome people on here and enjoyed there friendship. Also there was very good advice too.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Re: What happen to this site

Unread postby ted b » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 am

Same here check it every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Same, it get's bursts every so often then ...

Would love for it to come back and open to any and all suggestions
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Unread postby 55project » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Yep, seems most web pages are disappearing due to F/B :(
ODV Moderator

2013-2014 season Predator Champs

2017 Pikerel Contest Champs
55project
Droptine

Unread postby ted b » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 pm

How about we roll it back to where. We could fight with each other without you ban so and so or I taking my friends and leaving. Also let’s leave contest out for a while. Let’s get back to having fun I have other things to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
earse the flock boys
ted b
12 Pointer

Unread postby Nevermoor » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 am

Not sure. I stop by regularly but don't have much to say. Right now I'm done hunting so there isn't much to talk about. I come by hoping to enjoy the exploits of the more dedicated and capable members so I can learn. turkey season should get things stirred up.

I guess there were some fights the past that hurt attendance but since I never was a participant I tended to ignore that issue. Ball busting is fun to read when it's not mean spirited.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them.
Nevermoor
6 pointer

Unread postby Thedeerwhisperer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:36 pm

The issue is Pat, most have moved on to Instagram or FB, like yourself. On FB a lot of the former folks here have their own fishing or outdoor pages as well as, belong to the Outdoorsmen's Voice FB page so they prefer to stay on the one or two platforms as all the folks once here that they were close to, are following them else where now.

To get this page back up and running there would have to be a serious recruiting effort to recommend the site to some new blood and to some of the older members who walked away that aren't on FB. I do not think folks will just gravitate back unless there was a lot going on here again in other words, the old members on FB and Insta, I don't think can wake the site back up as the interest isn't there. Instead, it will take some new blood and to create a vibe in the hopes the old active members might gravitate back when it gets interesting again.

Myself and many other older members haven't left the Outdoorsmen's Voice, we have just moved with it to FB.
Thedeerwhisperer
Droptine

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Yeah I know there is the FB site which I go onto , and I agree it would take a lot to get new blood and bring some of the older members back. Like I stated I did meet some good people on here and some good advise too. Well I did get a few responses which is good. Well to everyone I hope you all had a good season and now let's get ready for Turkey season.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby Phillyarcher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Yeah I know there is the FB site which I go on too , and I agree it would take a lot to get new blood and bring some of the older members back. Like I stated I did meet some good people on here and some good advise too. Well I did get a few responses which is good. Well to everyone I hope you all had a good season and now let's get ready for Turkey season.
Phillyarcher
12 Pointer

Unread postby tomcbigbucks » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:49 am

Let's make OV great again!!

Good luck, good hunting and fishing
A country boy WILL survive! Country living isn't a way of life..it's the ONLY way to live life!!
Pro Staff Covert Trail Cameras http://covertscoutingcameras.com/products/cameras/
President Tri-County Longbeards http://www.christianbowhunters.org/
tomcbigbucks
Droptine

Return to Whitetail Hunting